Thursday, October 16, 2008

JJ-Food

What is your favorite food along with a recipe.

I love food. Actually that is a lie. I like a lot of food but I am picky. I like sweet food. And when I say sweet I really mean sugar filled. I like cakes. I like cookies. I like Reeses peanut butter bars.
I like artichokes. I like Dr. Pepper. I like cinnamon toast. A lot of people know my food aversions which are no pancakes, pickles, whipped cream, mustard, mushrooms, coconut, spicey food.

I think my favorite comfort food is Shepard's Pie. I think it is delicious and it is one of the only dinners I can make without looking at a recipe. I always wanted it for my birthday dinner when I was growing up.

Right now my favorite candy is Reeses minis. I started craving them when I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant with Little Miss. Then I couldn't eat chocolate because it upset her to much. Now I can and I am trying to not eat a whole bag a day!

I got very lucky in that while I don't like to cook, Branch loves it. He likes trying new things, and he is a really good cook. He makes dinners most nights while I take care of Little Miss. Seriously how lucky am I?

I think my favorite food is crepes. Yummy delicious crepes. I prefer the traditional strawberry crepes, though there are many different types I have tried. I don't like restaurant crepes. I was first introduced to my favorite food when my dad made them when I was really young and I was hooked. Now, whenever Branch and I are at my dads we always eat crepes one of the days there. Branch has taken over the crepe making for me. He does really well too. He has discovered that a couple of tricks that work well for him. (Please see video).




Crepes

For Crepes
1 cup flour
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
Whisk ingredients together and set aside. Medium to Medium High heat. Butter pan before each crepe. Top with fruit and other ingredients.

1 comment:

Seth and Julie said...

I love crepes too. We put nutella, srawberries and bananas on them and top with fresh whipped cream. So yummy!