Monday, October 6, 2008

I heart General Conference!

I remember when I was younger that General Conference wasn't my favorite time of the year. The talks were boring to me and it took two days! I wanted to play! But now, I love, love, love conference time. It was a lot harder to watch this year because of Maya's constant need to be moving and entertained. We were able to pay attention to most of it anyway.

(To my friends that aren't LDS, every year in April and October, the church has a General Conference were our Prophet Thomas S. Monson, and members of the church leadership, give talks on important topics of the day.)

My favorite talk, though not at this conference, was by Sister Beck called "Mothers Who Know". I was inspired by the talk and think of it often. You can find the talk at here.

I am so thankful that we have the opportunity to listen to a living Prophet. I have a testimony of the Gospel. I am so thankful to have it in my life and for everything it has given me.

No comments: