Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I HEART Couponing

People have been asking me about couponing since I have gotten into it. I am going to be dedicating my next several post to this subject to impart my limited knowledge on this big topic.

First off, I have only been couponing now regularly for the last 5 months. Still in that time I am now spending half of what I use to spend. But in that time I have noticed that I pay attention to what food cost, what we are eating (and tending to waste less, though that is not always true :), and actually enjoying shopping.

Secondly, I have found a ton of resources that help me save money. Believe me I couldn't do this all on my own!!

So for my first post I am going to tell you about my shopping trip tonight.
(Sorry about the picture quality, poor lighting and taking on a cell phone)

I got 15 cans of tuna, 26 cans of Campbells Chunky soup, 9 Jello packets, 4 boxes of cereal, produce, a loaf of bread, 2 boxes of pop tarts, 2 frozen dinners, a bag of vegetable steamers, juice, batteries, and a foot scrubber thing not in the picture. How much do you think I spent on this shopping trip?

Leave your guess on my comments and the winner receives my love and respect :)

Please check back later for more on the wonderful world of couponing!!

4 comments:

Beth schell said...

$35

Krystle Ricks said...

$52

Seth and Julie said...

This is funny because I was actually thinking of using coupons as my weigh-in topic today. To be honest, I am still not convinced. We have been using coupons over the past month and a half but I still have some questions/issues. I will hear you out before I blog about it and form my final opinion.

As for how much that stuff cost??? I don't know...maybe $40?

By the way, 9 boxes of Jello? Are you just trying to earn Mormon brownie points, or what?

Kami said...

I'm not sure how much it cost, but I'd like to know, if you really are saving a lot of money maybe you can give me some tips on getting the supplies needed for food storage! If I could use coupons each month to buy things for my food storage I'd love that. It'd be a great way to get my food storage up to date without breaking the bank!