Wednesday, September 30, 2009

About 2 weeks ago I was able to go to the newest Temple with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. It was the OQUIRRH (oo-cur)MOUNTAIN TEMPLE. It was an awesome experience because I had gone through the open house just two weeks prior and it was at the dedication that I decided to do visit every temple in the state of Utah. Two Temples down, eleven more to go!

As for my "theme" it was hope. I turned to Ether 12 in the Book of Mormon while waiting for my family and it kept coming up.
***
4. Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with asurety bhope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which chope cometh of dfaith, maketh an eanchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in fgood works, being led to gglorify God.
***
6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that afaith is things which are bhoped for and cnot seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no dwitness until after the etrial of your faith.
***
9. Wherefore, ye may also have hope, and be partakers of the gift, if ye will but have faith.
***
32 And I also remember that thou hast said that thou hast prepared a house for man, yea, even among the amansions of thy Father, in which man might have a more excellent bhope; wherefore man must hope, or he cannot receive an inheritance in the place which thou hast prepared.
***

For another great message of hope please read "The Infinite Power of Hope" by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

I fave felt a great increase of faith and hope since I made the commitment to attend the temple more often. Thank you for following me in my Temple Trip

(My computer is being weird. Please click the link above to see a picture of this beautiful temple.)

Some facts abou the
OQUIRRH MOUNTAIN TEMPLE


Announcement
01 October 2005
Groundbreaking
16 December 2006
Open House
01 June 2009 - 01 August 2009
Dedication
21 August 2009

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Good job sticking to your goal. Keep us posted.

Oh yeah, you never told us how much your groceries cost?

Kami said...

Good for you Emily! Thanks for sharing your testimony! :)

Lindsay said...

Thanks Emily for posting the scripture. It's exactly what I needed to hear! Hope you guys are doing ok. Are you still coming up this month? Let me know so we can get together. I want to see little Miss! Oh and you too :)