Tuesday, April 28, 2009

OH MY GOODNESS!

So I had a oh my goodness moment just a minute ago. I know in my head that we are moving in 9 days. But we were talking about the rest of Branch's schedule and this is how it went mostly.

Me: So what is your schedule like this week?
Branch: Well on Friday I take my first final...yadda, yadda, yadda...so today was the last day of "learning" I had.
M:No you still have a week of learning then you have finals.
B: No, I start my finals on Friday then my last day of Finals is Wednesday.
M:No, you have another week! Today is the 28th, your last final is the 6th
B: Yeah, next Wednesday!
M: No, you have another learning week!
B: Let me show you on a calender
--gets out cell phone, shows me
See, final on 1st, last one on the 6th
M: No...eyes really wide... HOLY CRAP!
B: You leave next Thursday!
M: HOLY CRAP!

So, yes I knew we are moving soon but that was seriously a moment there that kind of freaked me out because it made it more serious. In fact, Little Miss and I just went to Branch's Senior Paper Presentation. Tera and I and the kiddos stayed for Allens and Branchs and then we high tailed it out of there.

We went to El Finex, a really good Mexican restaurant here, and waited for the Boys. I thought it was appropriate that we went to this restaurant. It was the first restaurant that we went to when I moved down here with Branch's class and now it is probably the last restaurant we will go to with Branch's classmate. It is so weird, I never thought I would miss Dallas, but I am going to. I really am.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are too funny! Yes May 1st is Friday. I'm in denial as well. I can't believe I had my surgeries almost a year ago. Where does all the time go? I love all of the pics of little miss. It will be nice to have you guys close again. You know I'm in Salt Lake all of the time. Are you moving into an apartment by the cemetary? Is it Stillwater or somewhere else? You will love Murray. Mark and I have very fond memories of living there. Good Luck with packing!!

Emily said...

YES! IT IS STILLWATER!! HOW DID YOU KNOW!! My dad literaly lives next to the cementary in the condo Springtree!

Seth and Julie said...

I didn't know you were moving next door to your dad.

It is crazy how attached you can get to a place in a couple years. Part of me would love to go back West but my heart breaks thinking of leaving Wisconsin.

Congrats to Branch on finishing school!!!

Julie L said...

Well, we're looking forward to having you a little closer and getting to know Little Miss. She is such a doll! Good luck with everything and congrats to Branch!!!! Love, Aunt Julie

Tara said...

Dallas will miss you, too. I hate saying goodbye. Seems like all we ever do!

Bree said...

Dallas is going to miss you too. Are you sure you guys have to go? We are going to miss you guys!! Good luck with the move (moving is the worst!).