Thursday, November 20, 2008

JJ-Thanksgiving

What is my best Thanksgiving. Where did I go? What did I do?

I was excited about this question and the more I think about it the more I realize that I have had a lot of great Thanksgivings. I loved the ones we had at my Grandma Loveridges because we would all eat downstairs in her house and the adults would eat on the pool table. I also didn't like it because I always had to eat at the kids table. Then the adult girls stayed downstairs and talked while the boys did boy stuff. The best part was the Sock Sale the girls all went too. I never bought anything I just had fun watching the frantic adults shopping. I also loved the Thanksgiving I have spent at my fathers house. He loves to cook and he is very proud of his food. He loves taking pictures of his creations too.

I have also loved every Thanksgiving I have spent with Branch, except one. That Thanksgiving, I had worked late and Branch was supposed to call me so I could go hang out with him. Mom and Tony were gone and I was alone. He got busy, so finally I called him crying. Then when he picked me up I was still upset, crying and I didn't want to go eat with him and his family because I would be puffy. Then then next morning I didn't feel well but I went to go hang out with his family. His cousins had come up from Spanish Fork so I wanted to see them too. I got progressively worse and by the time the food came I took about two bits of Turkey, some mash potatoes and then went to lay down on the couch. Then when Branch took me home-early- I wanted him to stay and just hang out but we had a rule about not being alone in an empty house, so he wanted to leave. So I spent from about 3pm on by myself, throwing up. Urgh! I was so mad that Thanksgiving was ruined but I actually look back at it as one of my most memorable, not best, but most memorable.

No comments: