Saturday, September 13, 2008

We're ok

I wanted to write a little post to just to let everyone know that we are ok. While Hurricane Ike was pretty bad for southern Texas, especially Galveston and Houston, it barely touched Dallas. It was a tropical storm by the time it came our way. They were predicting 40-60mph winds and it was barely windy, they were also predicting up to 12 inches of rain and we might have gotten about 4 put the rain wasn't bad either. We have had worse before. The worse part for me is that it has been really gray outside and it made me gloomy! The gas price went up a little from where it was. We were lucky that it didn't go up as bad as it did in the southern part of Texas.

Anyway, we are great!

4 comments:

Sarah E. said...

I'm glad that you are ok! I bet that you have cheaper gas than we do. $4.99! (Yes, that's a FOUR in the front of that .99!!!) I was worried that you might get to really turn your place into a swimming pool. Glad you're dry.

Lindsay said...

I'm happy to hear you are okay! It was definitely a wild storm! Thank goodness you didn't have to deal with more flooding. Be safe!!

Brooke Carroll said...

Hey woman, thanks for getting back to me! Yes, that's so great your baby is doing good, she's a cutie. I know, colic is so crappy! Once they get over that, it's a lot easier, that's for sure! I'm glad you are loving being a mom. You are so cute! So where are you and your little family at now? I hope you are doing great. Hope to hear from you whenever you can...Talk to you later!

Necha said...

Hey!!! It's Necha "Platt" (now Davis) Remember me! I am so glad you have a blog spot! YAY! I am going to add you. Mine is www.joshandnecha.blogspot.com
Your little Maya is SO BEAUTIFUL!! I am very happy for you!