Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Journal Jar question

I have decided that every Thursday, I am going to grab a question from the journal jar and and answer it in my blog. I have a hard time keeping a journal and this is the only writing I do so I thought I might as well be productive. I hope it doesn't bore it!

Side note: I have over 10 pages of possible questions with about 40 on each page and I decided before I actually make my journal jar I would just randomly choose a page and then just close my eyes and choose the one I would answer and what do you know but I choose one that has a lot to do with one of my passions.

What do you think about movies? What is your favorite movie?

What do I think about movies? I LOVE THEM. Well most of them anyway. I still remember going to the movies with my dad once on a special date. It was just us and he took me to see The Little Mermaid. I remember loving that night. I think that is when it first started for me. This was a while before my parents divorce, but after my dad moved to Murray, UT, when ever we would go to visit him one of the things he would do is take us to go see a movie. I don't know if my brothers or sisters enjoyed it as much as I did but it really bonded dad and I. He is my first movie buddy. I dragged him to all the chick movies and he never complained. He never made fun of me because of it.

The thing I think makes me love movies is that you get to "experience" so many cool things that I never really could. It may sound stupid but I have enjoyed these "experiences". I have been all around the world from the Himalayas to the Sahara. I have met some very interesting people like Ghandi and Jane Goodall. I have fallen in and out of love. I have helped Harry Potter defeat Voldermort on several occasions. I have sung with Bing Crosby and Denny Kaye, Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland. I have defeated mummys and vampires. I have even saved the world!

My favorite movie of all times is "Never Been Kissed" with Drew Barrymore. It is a cute movie about an under cover report that gets to go back and redo High School. It is such a cute movie. I remember the first time I watched it and how it made me feel. I have seen it too many times to mention. I highly recommend it


This is my favorite quote from the movie. Josie is talking to her best friend Anita about kissing guys and how she has never really kissed a guy but she is whating for that special first kiss. "That thing, that moment, when you kiss someone and everything around becomes hazy and the only thing in focus is you and this person and you realize that that person is the only person that you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life, and for one moment you get this amazing gift and you want to laugh and you want to cry because you feel so lucky that you found it and so scared that that it will go away all at the same time."

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Cute idea Emily. Maybe we should all answer your thursday question. That would be a fun little family thing and maybe some of our bloggers who are not blogging would get back in there.

Emily said...

I think it sounds like a great idea! It would be a great way for everyone to get to know each other! I am game! We could all come up with questions too!