Friday, June 13, 2008

Oh crap!

So I have been a mom now for 2 months. I feel like I am doing ok in the mommy department. She is healthy, gaining weight and seems to be happy when she isn't colicky (which is slowly getting better). Well, I guess I have a lot to learn, or Little Miss has a lot to teach me.

Yesterday Little Miss was up most of the day yesterday and I was thinking "Oh,she is going to sleep good tonight". I was finally able to put her to sleep and she stayed asleep at 3:30. I am running on 4 hours of sleep. I would try to sleep myself not that she is asleep again but I guarantee the minute I fall asleep she will wake up! I am going to try though. Like I said she is a lot better at night now. We still have to give her colic soother but she isn't crying the whole time now, which is nice. She just has her days and nights mixed up. How do you fix that??

My father is coming tomorrow to met her. I am so excited! Yet, if she continues to stay up until 3:30... it is going to be a long visit for all!

Then she has the ability that the minute I think I have time to eat or shower after putting her down for a nap she will wake up, yet if I think that she is going to wake up soon and I don't take the time to eat or whatever, that is when she can sleep a lot. Yet then after I realize that she is going to sleep for a while the minute I start to make something she wakes up! How does she do that?


Then, and I feel really bad for her, she had 3 full poopy diapers this morning! No wonder she was having a hard time going to sleep last night! Even I felt better! Her digestive system is improving and now only going poopy once a day but man alive that was a lot!

I still don't know how to put her in her crib at night without her waking up 90% of the time (at night only). I don't know how to bounce her in my arms the way her daddy can, and I don't think I ever will be able to. I am learning how to talk to a baby and not feel silly. I still don't know how to do things with one hand. I need to learn how to relax when she is asleep and yet still have time to clean the house! And to keep it clean!

So I have a lot to learn but I am learning! I guess I have started to learn what the different cries mean. I know how to change a dirty diaper, change her clothing, bather her. I know how to hold her and carry her and put her in her carseat. I finally learned to open the stroller. I know how to feed her. I know how to love her even when she is crying REALLY loudly in my ear. I know how to laugh at her cute crying faces and realize that she will only be little once.I know how to love her unconditionally and care for her.

I am so excited to have this chance to be her mommy. I have grown so much because of her. Branch and Little Miss mean the world to me and I am so happy to have them in my life. I am so lucky!

I am going to post some pictures later. Again I know that is what you really want anyway!

5 comments:

Tara said...

It gets easier the 2nd time around. Except that the older one wants to be on your butt constantly, all of a sudden.

No one ever knows everything, and anyone who says so is crazy. You guys are doing a great job and there is a reason you can't do everything Daddy can do...then there would be no use for a Daddy!

I know it's hard, but try to ALWAYS sleep when she does, whenever you are sleepy. God taught me this the hard way by giving me MONO when GraceAnne was 6 months old. It totally sucks when you only get 15 minutes of sleep because they wake up quick, but you'll be better for the 1-2x per week that you actually get a couple hour nap.

And the house? Hmm...I'll let you know when I figure that one out ;)

Brian and Tonya said...

You're being a GREAT mommy. I've heard a lot of people say that their babies seem to know when mom wants or needs to get something done and they do they're best at preventing it from happening. Must be a trait all babies are born with. Maya will sleep through the night one day, and you will surprisingly be given the strength to keep functioning until she does. I say this not from my own experiance, but from watching sleep-deprived sister-in-laws who are handeling everything much better than they realize.

Me said...

Being a mom is amazing. Ellie is seven months old and my house is still a mess from when she was born. I think the key is to invite people over. My house always seems to get cleaner faster when someone is coming over. I really wish we could get down there. Surprisingly enough...I miss you. No, really. I miss my little sister and I miss not being able to meet Maya. I really can't wait to see you guys. We love you!

Branch said...

I love you, and I am amazed at how great you are. I appretiate all you do for Himaya and I. Thanks for being so great!

Lynette said...

If it helps, use your sling! The thing can be wondrous! I would wear Cache all day long in that thing. He would take his naps there, whenever he wanted to and I could get things done! Itty bitty babes just love their mamas and don't want to be left alone. For me, totally giving in to that was what kept me sane (most of the time, anyway!).