Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm thankful

I wanted my first blog to be special so I have decided to count my blessings. I have truly been blessed this year and I just hope you guys all indulge me for a moment.

First, I am so thankful for my husband. Branch is the most wonderful person I know. He is so loving and caring. I am so lucky to have him in my life. I know I am not the easiest person to live with and yet he puts up with me and he loves me no matter what! He is the love of my life. I often tell him I am so lucky to have him as my husband but he isn’t so lucky to have me as his wife. He always lets me know that he wouldn’t have it any other way. He recently gave me the best gift I have ever been given with the addition to our family of Maya.

Next, the newest love of my life, Himaya. I only pray that I can be the mom she deserves. I am going to try my hardest to be the best mom to her. I know I will make mistakes but I will learn from them. I love everything about her, from her crooked smile when she sleeps to her quivering lip when she cries (and she sure can cry! Really loud!) She has already taught me so much from unconditional love to patience. I am truly blessed to be the mommy of this beautiful little girl!


I am thankful for family. I never realized how lucky I was to have family close by until I moved. I am so lucky to have the people in my life that I do. Now that I have a child I really do realize how important family is. I am so thankful to have the parents I do who each, in their own way, taught me to be who I am and what love is. I am growing to really love and appreciate my brothers and sisters for who they are, even though they all use to beat me up! No, they are all good role models to me. My in-laws have always accepted me and I am so lucky to have in-laws that I love!

I am so thankful that we are here in Texas and that Branch is able to be going to school for Prosthetics and Orthotics. It is what he has always wanted to do and to be able to be in this program is awesome for him and for us. I am also thankful that he only has a year left and then we can get out of here!

I am so very thankful to be able to be a stay-at-home mommy. I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to do this but taking a leap of faith and a prayer I quit my job. We were blessed to receive in-state tuition this year which will save us $12,000 in student loans. We had already taken out all the student loans we needed to cover everything. Now we have a safety net. In fact, it is saving us exactly what I would have made working part-time, but this way I get to stay with Maya.


I am so thankful for the Gospel in my life. I have received so many blessings because of my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so blessed to have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of the atonement of Jesus Christ. I am blessed to be sealed for time and all eternity to my husband Branch. I am looking forward to teaching my children about the love of their Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ.

I haven’t written everything I am so thankful for but there are many more things. Thanks to everyone and everything.

I will try to post as often as I can. I am boring though so they will be all about Maya, but I am pretty sure that is who you are more interested in anyway!




3 comments:

Me said...

Maya is so cute. I can definitely relate to how you feel. Being a mom is the best. I can't wait for you guys to be closer so that our girls can grow up together. We love you guys!

Brian and Tonya said...

Yay Em, you have your own blog. I wasn't sure if you read the comments on Branch's blog or not. Maya is adorable. You are a great mother. Keep in touch, I'll add your link to my blog.

Branch said...

I love you, and I am thankful for you and all you do for our family.