Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday:Vacations

My sister in law Julie has started a new post thingy were every Tuesday she is going to have a Top Ten Tuesday, where you list the top 10 on certain topics. Todays is vacations. Now I have been on a lot of vacations. I know I have, I just don't always remember them.

So here you go. Sorry no pictures. I suck I know!

1. Vegas (Jan 2004)
This is were Branch and I went on our honeymoon. Branch had never been so I loved seeing his reaction. We stayed at the Luxor and at Circus Circus. His uncles camera was stolen at The Luxor so Branch spent a lot of time on the phone with the police and insurance company. We were able to visit the temple, eat at a Filapino restaurant, and visit all the cosinos. We haven't been back since but I can't wait to go again.

2. California (don't remember)
This is my first time on an airplane. LOVED IT! We stayed at a nice hotel, went to DisneyLand. Went to Knoxberry Farm, Sea World. This is an especially loved vacation because it was the last time that my family went on a vacation before my parents split. I will always remember it. I will always cherish it.

3. Utah-Panquitch
I consider these vacations. We went to Utah a lot when I was younger to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Johnson. I loved going there. My grandma Metta was one of my favorite people because she made me feel so special. We would always perform shows for her and she would just laugh and laugh. I haven't been there in a while either. I need to go.

4. Utah-Lehi
I loved going to visit my grandparents in Lehi. I wanted to live in Lehi. I was upset when my parents wouldn't move there. My grandparents had a cool drinking fountain in there kitchen, a spiral staircase and a swing set in the backyard. A lot of family on my mothers side lived there, including my cousing Tonya, and we would spend almost every waking second with each other. We seriously need to have a Girls Night Out!

5. Girls Weekend (all of them)
We get together ever year (the girls in my family) and just spend a couple of days together. We relax, we eat, we laugh, we cry. I look forward to it every year. I love that it is growing and we have such a strong bond because of it. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for those girls!

6. Vegas (various)
My mom took us on vacations a lot. But my favorite place that we went was Vegas. It was SOO COOL! And so big. I loved the food. I loved the sounds. I loved the lights. I love the playrooms! So much fun. I onlly have good memories of Vegas.

7. Bear Lake
Believe it or not but I use to go camping a lot and I liked it. Now I don't know how I feel about it. Anyway, my dad took us camping a lot and we went to Bear Lake a lot when I was a kid. We would always stay in the same spot, well almost always. We would stay in the pop up trailer. How we survived with 7 of us in that trailer, I will never know. We would fish, we would take by the camp fire. Liz had a good sleep talking experience once. She started screaming "A BEAR! A BEAR! She stepped on my dads stomach trying to get to the door. "A BEAR! There is a bear in here! A BEAR!" And we always played 31. My favorite game.

8. Utah-(Christmas 2008)
My family is probably wondering why I have added this as one of my favorite vacations. At the it was one of my worst times of my life. I was so sick. 13 days in the hospital proved that. Having to stop breastfeeding Little Miss cold turkey proved that. One Lifeflight, 3 ambulance rides, 3 days in a coma, four ER visits, and two months away from Branch proved that. But it was "the best of times" too. I got to spend so much time with my family and got to see their love for me, for us. They got to help us take care of Little Miss and get to know her in a special way. That time and that love shared I will never EVER forget. THANK YOU ALL. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Ok, that is not 10 and that isn't all of y favorite memories but that is what you are getting tonight. Hope you enjoyed it.

7 comments:

Kami said...

We went to Vegas for our Honeymoon too and we stayed at the Luxor too! Vegas was fun! I love reading your blog. Keep it up! :)

Kami said...

Hey, I just realized that you are not among my readers. I don't have too many of those. I like my blog to remain a private one! Have I sent you and invite? If I haven't and you'd like one please send me your e-mail!

Seth and Julie said...

I am glad you are playing along. Now you just need to bring back the journal jar too. I love learning more about everyone.

And I never said I would post every Tuesday. No pressure, please!

Sarah E. said...

I don't think you put down why you liked playing 31 so much when we went camping....:)

Emily said...

Sarah! Why does everyone think I was the big cheater? Gosh! Liz was the big cheater!! If I would have cheated as much as everyone thinks I cheated I would have won a lot more!!

Jaclyn said...

Fun post! I remember staying at Circus Circus when I was a little girl and thinking it was the most amazing place in the world. And of course trips in Utah are vacations! I always consider anyplace we go in Texas a vacation. We miss you!

Kami said...

Hey, you didn't post a top 10 for this week. Get on that okay! Just kidding. :)