Thursday, August 20, 2009

My two bits.

My friend Tera posted a thing on fb and I just wanted to post what I said in response to her post that said.

"is tired and overwhelmed by the continuous amount of CRAP required of a SAHM."

This week has been pretty hard. Little Miss has been teething. This moler has been the worst and her new favorite thing to do is say "NO!" and shake her head. Cute but frustrating. "Can I have a kiss?", "NO!" ....Do you want to change your stinky?", "NO!" ..."Is daddy your favorite?" "NO!" (Ok I haven't asked her that last one)

I always thought I wanted to be a Stay At Home Mom. I always pictured what a great mother and wife I would be and how my house would be in order and have well behaved kids. And then I had Little Miss. And that ALL went out the window! IT IS SO HARD! And she drives me crazy! I can't keep the house clean! And I am gaining weight (people have actually asked if I was expecting)! Which I am not. And I sometimes can't bring myself to get out of the house! And I sometimes think of going back to work!

And then I realize that this is the best thing I have EVER done! EVER! And I hope I am up to the challenge. And I am going to do my best and hope it all turns out for the best because that is all I can do. And I have the worlds best support system. Thank you Branch.

Anyway that is my two bits.

PS- I didn't mention that Tera is preggers and has a 5 years old and an 15 month old, so she is a little tired right now, but she is a wonderful mother and later wrote
"it gets better, but there are still days. I wouldn't give up being home for all the world!"

7 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

It seems like there's no perfect job out there. Everything worth having comes with its trials. But you are such a good mother, and your daughter will thrive because of your decision to be home with her. Keep it up and remember, the work world isn't any better.

Seth and Julie said...

Keep your head up Emily. Satan loves to try to discourage SAHM's because he knows that we have the most important job in the world.

You are doing great!!! And I am laughing at your weight gain comment because I was looking in the mirror yesterday and thought, I better do some sit ups before someone asks if I am expecting.

LOVE YOU!

Krystle Ricks said...

Yeah... I hear ya. Grayson is at the "NO!" and "MINE!" and kicking and hitting and throwing and biting stage... it's a load of fun. I think of how nice it will be to have a sweet little baby but then remember that babies grow up and then I'll have another kid to yell at me and kick me and etc. I cry sometimes and I growl sometimes... but it has helped me soooooooo much to read talks by other righteous women who understand the importance of SAHM. I am grateful to have a chance to raise my kids... I just can't wait till this stage is OVER!!!!!! Thanks for your blog... it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks motherhood ISN'T easy!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

Necha said...

I agree! Being a SAHM is hard...much harder than any other job I have ever had! But it is SO SO SO worth it. I wouldn't change it for anything!

Beth schell said...

You are a great mom! I got a little journal for each of the kids and I try to write in it each day something that they do that is great/new or a blessing. It has helped me be more grateful (even while potty training!)

Kami said...

How old is your daughter? I know you're a great mom! :) Even though I am not a SAHM I am still a mom and it is the GREATEST calling ever! :) Keep smiling.

P.s. It took me a little while to figure out what SAHM meant...Maybe you have to be one. j/k.

Sarah E. said...

I think that being any kind of a mom is hard. When you have this other (or these other) little people to take care of. It's hard to find some sort of balance between making sure your children get all that they need, your husband gets all that he needs, everything else gets some attention and somehow, you need to fit in some time to make sure you get the things you need.

You'll get better at it. Little miss will get older and will give you a whole new set of challenges.

That's the great thing about being a mom. You really will be able to look back and see how much better you've gotten, you cringe and ask for forgiveness when you take a few steps back and you burst with pride at how amazing your children turn out to be.

You're doing great!