Monday, June 1, 2009

Tidbits

So, we have the internet now! YEAH! A lot of stuff happened the last couple of weeks.

*Branch starts his residency today. It is such a BEAUTIFUL office. I am excited for him and can't wait for him to come home and tell me all about it. Actually, I was a little sad when Branch left this morning because we have had a wonderful month of family time. I am not complaining because Branch was so lucky to get this residency I just miss him. He had been gone 4 hours and I miss him. Visit the company website to see this great place.

*We bought a season pass to Hogle Zoo. We have made 3 trips so far and will definitely be going often through out the summer and because it is open all year long we are so excited about the purchase. It was only $90 dollars for our entire family for a year! And we can get a guest in free every time too. Anyone want to go to the zoo?
-Saturday at the zoo we were looking at the mountain goats and the male goat was standing on his hind legs reaching for leaves on a tree and a girl closeby asked her dad if that goat was having a baby. He laughed and said "No, that is a boy goat. You can see his jiggly wigglys?" The girl said "Oh! So that one (pointing towards the other goat) must be a girl because she has no jiggly wigglys!"

*We want DirectTV because we found a great deal for internet and tv. We were going to get it last Wednesday. Do we have tv? NOOOO. we have a line-of-site problem. The apartment complex has strict rules about were dishes can go, which we don't have a problem with except that we would have perfect reception except for the dead tree that is blocking the signal. The front office says the are planning on cutting it down. But other than that no help at all. So we called the corporate office who said to call them if the front office is unable to assist you. Have they gotten back to us? NOOOO. DirectTV was suppose to send someone to to verify that it is a line-of-site problem within 48 hours. Have we had anyone over yet? NOOOO. It is turning into a big joke actually.

*We walked to church yesterday. The church building is within a couple minute walk. Then we found out that we aren't in the ward that goes to that building. Oh no, we pass that church and another church to get to our ward building. Kind of annoying becuase that building is literally right across the street from our building. Oh well. Then they had combined RS/Priesthood in the chapel so it was 3 hours in the chapel and Little Miss did not appreciate that.

*When we visited GR last week we signed up for and competed in a 5K. (See my previous post). Branch, Becky and I walked and Little Miss rolled along. Guess who came in dead last? Yours truly. Dang proud of it too! I won a dozen roses. Branch (who was second to last) won third place in his age group for those that walked. He won a month membership at a fitness place in RS. Looks like we are going to be going to GR a lot! No actually, we are going up for Flaming Gorge Days (and the parade!)

Well, that is about all I can think of right now.

Talk to you later!

5 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I am glad you got your internet set up.

Also, I do not have any sympathy for you because you have to walk 3 minutes to church instead of 1. We have to drive 20 minutes and we are actually pertty close compared to a lot of ward members.

Emily said...

Alas, it is too far away to walk too. But it is a short drive. It is just frustrating when I was SOOO EXCITED about walking to church every week and seeing dad at church. Oh well!

Sarah E. said...

Yea for last! I think it's great that they gave you roses!

We can't wait to see your new place!

Julie L said...

Yay! for even entering the 5K! And I love the zoo! That just sounds so absolutely ideal. Great to have you back in Utah!

Krystle Ricks said...

OK, Why am I the only one commenting about Jiggly Wigglys??? Personally, I about peed my pants! And I'm still laughing every time I say the word in my mind! hahaHAHAHA!!! That should be what we teach Grayson! haha! Thanks Em for a good laugh!