Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My life is a John Lennon song

Have you ever heard " Life is just what happens to you, while your busy making other plans." That comes from a John Lennon song that he wrote to his son called Beautiful Boy. It is a beautiful song actually but those specific lyrics ring true in my life.

It seems like every time I want to plan something, anything, big, small, significant, insignificant, here, there, anywhere, SOMETHING will happen. Case in point. My meningitis. We had 3 1/2 weeks with our family and we pretty much had it 'planned' barring somethings how we were going to spend it. Then WHAM! Life decides I need to spend some time in the hospital. I get out of the hospital. I plan on spending some time in Wyoming. Then WHAM! Life decides I need to be LIFEFLIGHTED out of Wyoming back to spend more time in the hospital.

I am not trying to say I am bitter. I am not. I am just saying I am no longer going to plan anything anymore. I am just going to go with the flow cause that is how it is going to go anyway! So if you ask me were we should go eat my answer will be "I don't know" or maybe it should be "I will let life choose" I think this will affect Branchy more especially when we want to expand our family, or choose a house, or major things like that. I kind of feel bad for the guy. But life will take care of him, I hope.

5 comments:

Krystle Ricks said...

The Lord works in mysterious ways... sometimes I hate that phrase. But it's true. Won't it be nice to make it the end and learn why everything turns out the way it does?

Sarah E. said...

We are all just so glad that you are bouncing back. We don't care that it is taking a while. Just glad to have you around still. We love you.

Tara said...

On a much smaller scale, GraceAnne was 6 months old when this helicopter mom got MONO and didn't fully recover for 1 year. Just another time God was trying to teach me to learn to be still. That one worked pretty well, I must say.

Hopefully, with time, you will feel confident enough to start making life choices again. It took me a long time to stop being afraid I'd fall asleep at the wheel, but it happened. Slowly but surely until one day I realized I can be still and make choices, too. It'll be okay.

Seth and Julie said...

Hang in there! Some of the best things in my life went against MY PLANS, for example, all 3 of my kids. Luckily we know that there is A PLAN that is bigger than the plans we make. Stay faithful and keep fighting. This too shall pass, and when it does life will throw you another curve ball. Isn't it awesome?

Branch said...

It is ok... we both know I am a closet control freak. I can make the decisions when life doesn't make them for us. Just go with the flow. I love you!