Thursday, January 22, 2009

JJ-Thoughts on the Presidential Inauguration

First, sorry no JJ questions and answers for the last couple weeks. I bet you cant guess why! I will hopefully be answering the past ones sometime this week or next so you will be getting a slew of JJ stuff from me.

What are my thoughts on the Presidential Inauguration?

Watching the inauguration this year was fascinating. I always think the inaugurations are interesting to see the switch of power and how different they are from when the we (The LDS church) gets a new Prophet. So different. In our switch of power there is no contention, no fighting, it is just known who the next prophet is! It was also fascinating to watch this inauguration because of the fact that we do have our first black president. Very neat to watch and I will always remember where I was. I am excited to see what he does for our country!

On a side note, after listening to some of the comments made by the people at the inauguration I think they are setting President Obama to high on a pedistel (sp?). Even if he is the best president we have ever had, he is going to be knocked off that pedistel somehow. He is going to disappoint his fans somehow. He is going to take a step in the wrong direction. He is going to be human after all. I just wished they hadn't put him on such a high pedistel, I hope someone will be there to catch his fall.

Again, I feel optimistic about the future and can't wait to see what he does. Good Luck President Obama!

1 comment:

Seth and Julie said...

I am so happy that Journal Jar is back. Lots of our bloggers have fallen off the wagon in your absence and I miss everyone's answers.