Thursday, February 24, 2011

It is a GRIFFIN...

According to Wikipedia....The GRIFFIN, griffon, or gryphon (Greek: γρύφων, grýphōn, or γρύπων, grýpōn, early form γρύψ, grýps; Latin: gryphus) is a legendary creature with the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle. As the lion was traditionally considered the king of the beasts and the eagle was the king of the birds, the GRIFFIN was thought to be an especially powerful and majestic creature....In heraldry, the GRIFFIN's amalgamation of lion and eagle gains in courage and boldness, and it is always drawn to powerful fierce monsters. It is used to denote strength and military courage and leadership. GRIFFINs are portrayed with a lion's body, an eagle's head, long ears, and an eagle's claws, to indicate that one must combine intelligence and strength.
*******************************************************************
It's also the name we have chosen for our little boy, due April 2011.

Griffin Hunsaker.

*******************************************************************

He is going to have his dad's first name, but we will be calling him by his middle name.

We are so excited for this little boy to join our family. We can't wait to meet him, especially Little Miss!

7 comments:

Chloe and Tyler said...

Cute, I love it!

Seth and Julie said...

So now I just have to know if that was the name Branch liked or the name you liked?

Emily said...

Julie, It was a name I originally suggested but I like another name (Liam) more, but still liked Griffin. Branch like both but loved Griffin more. I got to choose his name (and still tell Branch that I have the right to change my mind at anytime) but I am happy with his name. I also like that we can shorten it to "Finn" kind of how we shorted Little Misses name. Anyway...

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

I love love the name Griffin has always been one of my faves!!

Julie L said...

I'm not sure I've ever heard of it as the first name of a person. It's most interesting - a powerful name for a powerful little guy! Hope you're doing wonderfully well as you go into the final months of this pregnancy!

Brooke Carroll said...

That is such a cute name, Emily! I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet boy!!! I hope you are feeling well. You are almost there...good luck!

Nurul said...

wow. congrats! ;)