Monday, August 9, 2010

Just Ask Emily-Kami's question

What is your most embarrassing moment?

What is my most embarrassing moment? Ha! I have tons!!

There were a couple recently when I was sick with Meningitis and was in the hospital. One (that I don't remember) but if I did I would be embarrassed. Apparently, they told me that I needed to have a catheter put in and I yelled "NOOOOOOOO!!! Not a catheter!" So loud that Branch and others down the hall could hear me. Actually that is funny.

Another was when I was in the ICU, or I think it was the ICU, after getting out of a coma, I had an EGG on my head to measure my brain waves so I looked funny, and they were also monitering me on video. The video was facing towards me to see what my seizures looked like, if I had one. They decided to take out my catheter (maybe it was the one I DIDN'T want in?) and started to lift my sheets to take it out, when all of a sudden we heard someone running down the hall yelling "SHE'S ON CAMERA!" . I think I would have been more embarrassed if I hadn't been so out of it.

Another, and this IS embarrassing was when I was driving from SLC back home to Green River, Wyoming. If I had to use the bathroom I would usually stop in Evanston but I didn't that drive until I was about to TA. TA is about half an hour from the Lyman exit, if even that. But I had to GO. Number 2. Really bad. Anyway, apparently I had to go so bad that I didn't read the sign that was on the stall door...I did my business got up to flush and nothing. Tried again and again. Now during this time I had heard people come and go and some of them even snickered. I didn't know who they were laughing at. Finally, I waited until there was no one in the bathroom. Opened the stall door and FINALLY saw the BIG sign that said "OUT OF ORDER." Great... I snuck out of there and didn't go back for a long time until I absolutely had to. I was in and out of there in a minute flat. I didn't want anyone to recognize me. I have a big fear that they have one of those grainy images of me hanging in the office saying "BAD PERSON! DON'T LET HER USE THE BATHROOM HERE!!"

Yikes.

Those are just three of my many examples of my most embarrassing moments. I have lots. Usually they are little. I embarrass myself at least once a week. It's how I do. I am not ashamed, or embarrassed to admit it.

My question for Kami:
How do you feel about having a second child? What are your feelings? How are you preparing yourself and your husband and son?

11 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I am still trying to think of a new question for you. In the meantime I will just enjoy hearing the answers to everyone else's questions.

Unfortunately I have had some public bathroom drama too and it is always mortifying for a moment, but the good thing about being out in public is that you are not going to see any of those people again. Most likely.

I am glad you can laugh at those moments in the hospital now. Glad that is long in the past now.

Necha said...

Oh my gosh...that waa so funny I about peed.

Necha said...

*was

Kami said...

Emily, You made me laugh with the bathroom story! :) Do you want me to post my answer on here or my own blog? :)

Emily said...

On your blog is good!

Julie L said...

Oh, what funny experiences! The problem with having to answer a most embarrassing moment question is reliving it. But almost always, without fail, the embarrassing ones are the funniest in retrospect. Thanks for sharing!

Heather Johnson-Family Volley said...

Hi Emily,
It's Heather from Family Volley. Thanks for your question about eczema. To clarify.

You do put the drops right on the bottoms of the feet. And rub them in. Then, put the rest of the drops on the part of the body that is affected. Rub those drops in also. Then, as I mentioned I follow it up on our little girl with Kiehl's Baby Lotion. It is a great lotion, but it is also what we had in our house when I started with the drops. I feel like it helps seal in the oils.

Obviously use more drops for older children or adults.

Now I don't actually count the drops. I tip the bottle against her leg and let the oils come out. Hard to explain, when you see the top of the bottles it will make more sense.

I hope it is helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions.

You can get the essential oils at your local health food store. You can also order them online. I like the doTerra brand. You can find them at http://www.doterra.com/.

Good luck.
Thank you for reading Family Volley.

Heather Johnson-Family Volley said...

Oh, and thank you for the laughs today. Your post about embarrassing moments is hilarious. I laughed right out loud. It sounds like you have had quite a few health challenges. I hope they are in the past.

You little girl is beautiful.
 

Brooke Carroll said...

HAHA, you are too funny!!!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

LOL, how funny!!
Thanks for the suggestion on my blog!

Lindsay said...

I remember you telling us your bathroom story at Girl's Camp. I still laugh every time we stop at the TA. I'm sorry but I don't find your other story funny. You gave us all quite a scare! I do remember talking to you on the phone and I couldn't understand a word you were saying and than you started screaming and I mean SCREAMING. You hung up and I was freaked out so I called Branch and he said you would scream when the nurse would come in to look at your IV's. :) I guess I was pretty mellow with my meningitis so go figure. WE miss you guys. Make sure to call if and when you are in town.