Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Traveling with baby? What am I thinking?

So, on the 23rd Maya and I are going to be flying to Utah/Wyoming for two weeks. I am getting really excited for the trip...except the flying. Don't get me wrong, I love flying, but this time it is going to be just me and a still colicy baby. Oh no! Help me!

So I really do need help. What have you mothers done while flying with a young baby? What do I need to bring on the trip? What do I need to bring on the plane? Any suggestions on the whole of the trip would be appreciated!

PS-Visit Branchs blog and see the video of Maya flipping over. I will post it on my own website later.

2 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

Nurse her during takeoff and landing. That's the only advice I've ever heard. Oh, and don't worry about what the other passengers think. It's generally so noisy on a plane that you can't hear a crying baby beyond a couple rows anyway. Will you be in Utah much? If you are, maybe we can get together for lunch.

Tony and Ann said...

Grandma says benadryl!! Try a bit before you leave, cause some kids get hyper with it. Most don't--it just makes them drowsy. I had never advised something like this before, but I read an article by a well-known pediatrician who writes for magazines. He had taken a long flight with one of his kids, who screamed across America. He decided that one SMALL dose of an over-the-counter medication was better than disrupting hundreds of people for hours!