Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Coupons! Coupons! Coupons!

I have a friend named Tara. She and I are alike in a lot of ways. We are both 26. We both have husbands going into prosthetics and orthotics at UT Southwestern. We both just had babies.

She is super nice and is willing to do anything to help anyone. She is also the coupon queen. She is the only person I know that can walk into CVS, and walk out with a ton of stuff spending less than $10 bucks. So I have told her she needs to teach me. She is my sensee (sp?) and I am her grasshopper. We started our first lesson yesterday.

We went shopping at Target for diapers and wipes. She had coupons, upon coupons and a special offer to get a $5 gift card. I had to do three transactions in order to get this super deal. The first one was two diapers and two wipes which would have totaled $32 but with the coupons became $16, and I got two $5 gift cards. The next transaction I got two more gift cards and used the first two so the next two transactions totaled $6.50 each! So I got $96 (204 diapers and 1260 wipes) for $29 dollars plus $10 in gift cards! Crazy huh? She found out this deal from a website (www.couponforum.com) were people actually figure out the best deals and share it with everyone.
(This is only some of the diapers and wipes we bought yesterday!)

We also went to P&G Live, were they gave us a TON of coupons and shared their new products. Then we went to a nice restraunt with a $25 gift certificate for a meal over $35. Nice!

So I am going to learn all I can and save a ton of money! Yeah!

3 comments:

welsh ducks said...

WOOHOO!! Coupons rock! You know, you can keep doing that Target deal with the coupons in those pamphlets they gave us at the mall. It's not as good OOP, (out-of-pocket, grasshoppah ;) ), but still better than full price!!

Oh, and I love Maya's top hat :D

Brian and Tonya said...

Love coupons. I use pinchingyourpennies.com. I ought to try this other one too. How many papers do you get to get the coupons? Or do you get them all online? I got 2 bottles of salad dressing for free, 2 packages of hotdogs for 1.30 each, and 2 boxes of pasta salad mix for .75 the other day. Wahoo coupons :) I can only imagine the diaper savings, but since I don't have kids, all the diaper coupons go to my sister-in-law.

Krystle Ricks said...

WOW!!! I don't use coupons, but apparently I should be!!! Does this work at Walmart? You should send me your secrets!!!